Keep Your Carpet Just-Like-New
Carpet may be one of the easiest types of flooring to take care of. Learn how to keep yours looking great over time with a simple care program.
Key Types of Cleaning
- Preventive Maintenance – protect your investment before problems occur.
- Vacuuming – prolong the life and beauty of your floor.
- Spot and Spill Removal – be prepared for the unavoidable.
- Overall Cleaning – get regular care with cleaning systems.
- DIY Cleaning – get the right equipment to do it yourself.
- R2X – stain and soil remover.
No Carpet is Absolutely Stain Proof
Some carpets have stain resistant treatments that improve your ability to clean stains, but not prevent them. Similarly, carpets with soil resistant treatments reduce the rate of soiling, but all carpets require regular care and maintenance. Resist carpet soil and stains with R2X, Shaw’s own breakthrough technology.
Stains and Soil
The majority of stain complaints are actually soil related. For example, many sugar-based spills, such as soft drinks and coffee, leave a sugar residue after removal. This sticky residue readily attracts soil from ordinary shoe traffic, and the resulting discolored area appears to be a stain.
The same thing happens when spills are cleaned with a detergent solution and the area is not sufficiently rinsed with plain water, leaving a sticky detergent residue. It is important to rinse thoroughly with water and blot dry after removing any spill.
You will want to reference the manufacturer’s warranty for specific care requirements.